Recently inaugurated Keisha Lance Bottoms (Atlanta Mayor) has just announced her 38 member transition team. She brought out all the heavy hitters with this selection. The team looks like the USA Dream Team in the early 90’s. You know the one with Jordan and Magic. Anyway, below is the list. Research the members at your leisure, but pay very close attention to a few significant members.
* David Abney, Chairman & CEO, UPS
* John Ahmann, Executive Director, Westside Future Fund
* Byron Amos, Atlanta Public Schools Board Member, District 2
* Claire Lewis “Yum” Arnold, CEO, Leapfrog Services
* Ed Bastian, CEO, Delta
* Randy Beall, Business Manager, Atlanta and North Georgia Building and Construction Trades
* Raphael Bostic, President & CEO, Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta
* Matt Bronfman, CEO, Jamestown
* Cassius F. Butts, Former Obama Appointee and CEO, Fortitude Business Advisors
* Senator Jason Carter, Partner, Bondurant Mixson & Elmore LLP
* Ron Clark, Founder, The Ron Clark Academy
* Shan Cooper, Chief Transformation Officer, WestRock
* David Cummings, CEO, Atlanta Ventures
* Mawuli Mel Davis, Attorney & Co-Founder, The Davis Bozeman Law Firm
* Rene Diaz, President & CEO, The Diaz Group
* Christopher R. Edwards, MD, Fellowship Trained Spine Surgeon, Atlanta Neuro Spine Institute, LLC
* David H. Eidson, President & CEO, Coxe Curry & Associates
* Sloane Evans, Vice President, Human Resources, Georgia Power Company
* Marty Flanagan, President & CEO, Invesco Ltd.
* Clifford “TI” Harris, Grammy Award Winning Rapper, Actor, Entrepreneur & Activist
* Virginia Hepner, Former Corporate Executive & Arts Leader
* Douglas J. Hertz, Chairman & CEO, United Distributors, Inc.
* Nancy Flake Johnson, President & CEO, Urban League of Greater Atlanta, Inc.
* Noel Khalil, Chairman & CEO, Columbia Ventures LLC
* Allegra Lawrence-Hardy, Founding Partner, Lawrence & Bundy LLC
* Kenny Leon, Tony Award Winning Director & Founder, True Colors Theatre Company
* Milton J. Little, Jr. President & CEO, United Way of Greater Atlanta
* Amol Naik, Director of Special Projects, MailChimp
* Keith T. Parker, President & CEO, Goodwill of North Georgia
* Beatriz Perez, Senior Vice President, Chief Public Affairs, Communications & Sustainability Officer, The Coca-Cola Company
* Cecil Phillips, Chairman & CEO, Place Properties
* Helen Smith Price, Vice President, Global Community Affairs, The Coca-Cola Company and President, The Coca-Cola Foundation
* Michael “Killer Mike” Render, Artist, Activist, & Businessman
* A.J. Robinson, President, Central Atlanta Progress, Inc./Atlanta Downtown Improvement District
* Bill Rogers, Chairman & CEO, SunTrust Banks, Inc.
* Dr. Catherine Ross, Professor of City Planning and Civil Engineering, Georgia Institute of Technology
* Carol Tomé, CFO & Executive Vice President, The Home Depot, Inc.
* Reverend Raphael G. Warnock, Senior Pastor, Ebenezer Baptist Church
Take note of Rapper/activist/business man Killer Mike. He not only garnered necessary supporters through his online advocacy for keeping Atlanta’s Mayor Black in a close runoff election; but he also is heavy in the community. A few of the supporting causes of Killer Mike are, fair and just policing, the 4th amendment, and legalizing marijuana.
In addition to Killer Mike, grammy award winning T.I. will also be a member of Mayor Keisha’s transition team. With a strong ear to both the streets and mainstream entertainment, T.I. will be instrumental in advocating for the youth, and impoverished Atlantans. *Most Recently T.I. surprised single mothers at a local Target by purchasing all of their Christmas Gifts.
Honorable Mayor Keisha Lance Bottoms now has several members on her squad who will undoubtedly care about Bankhead, Cleveland Avenue, MLK Rd, Metropolitan, and all the people living, working, and grinding in the real City of Atlanta. Everyone is looking forward to the unfolding of significant positive changes to the City of Atlanta. Great start Mayor Keisha, Great Start!