From Northern West Africa,African Bird Pepper has been successfully used to help treat arthritis, psoriasis, cluster headaches, and pain as well as lower the rate of cardiovascular disease. Contains carotene molecules that have potent antioxidant elements. 2 oz. in volume
African Bird Pepper, also known as Capsicum Annum, is a hot chili that grows wild in parts of northwest Africa. It can awaken many dishes including soups, casseroles, chowders, and curried dishes.
This pepper contains carotene molecules that have potent antioxidant elements. 4 oz. in volume (aprox. 2 oz.)
African Bird Pepper has the ability to ease stomach upset, ulcers, soar throats, spasmodic and irritating coughs as well as diarrhea.
- Anti-Cold & Flu Agent When you have a cold or flu, African Bird Pepper helps break up congested mucus and gets it moving. Once the mucus starts to leave your body, you will get some relief from many of the flu symptoms you may be experiencing.
- The results of one study indicated that African Bird Pepper could effectively prevent the formation of the fungal pathogens phomopsis and collectotrichum.
- Many naturopaths have known of the health benefits of African Bird Pepper, especially for headaches.This may be related to the pepper’s ability to stimulate a pain response in a different area of the body, thus reverting the brain’s attention to the new site. Following this initial pain reaction, the nerve fibers have a depleted substance P (the nerve’s pain chemical), and the perception of pain is lessened.
- African Bird Pepper is a wonderful anti-inflammatory agent and may even help w/ allergies
- Over a dozen other benefits.