If you’re looking for an alternative to chemically hair grease this Balm is great. This is a vegan and Skin hair balm, chemical free containing natural African butters and oils to sooth and butter up scalp.
- How: Apply directly to the scalp after a hair was or after you’ve applied water.
When: Suitable for everyday use
- Shea butter (unrefined) – soften hair. Shea butter and Cocoa butter are very similar. The differences are the smell, the texture and cocoa butter is edible it’s used to make chocolate.
- Mango butter – anti fungal and anti-bacterial properties. Mango butter has a composition resembling Shea butter and Cocoa butter with a slightly different fatty acid content. Mango butter smells slightly sweet and fatty in its natural form; the refined butter that we offer smells very mild, lending itself well to incorporation within cosmetic and body care creations. It generally has a rich creamy coluor and is hard at room temperature. Mango butter has natural emollient properties. Mango butter is a great source of essential fatty acids, and has beneficial moisturizing properties for lotions and acts as a mild lubricant for the skin.
- Sweet almond oil – easily absorbed into the hair. Almond oil is one of the best oils for hair and skin care. It has got lots of nutrients and beneficial properties which make it such a powerful cosmetic ingredient. It can help one get rid of dark circles in weeks. Sweet almond oil is also safe to ingested internally. Anti-Inflammatory – It reduces inflammation topically and also when ingested. Anti-oxidant – Almond oil possesses mild antioxidant capacity. Immune Booster – Topical as well as internal application of sweet almond oil boosts immunity and provides robust protection from various diseases. Anti-hepatotoxic – Almond oil is known to aid the liver in eliminating toxins. This is also performed by castor oil. Emollient – excellent moisturization property. It is used to eliminate excessively dry Hair. Anti-dandruff – it dissolves away dandruff from the scalp.
- Olive oil – anti-inflammatory properties, promotes a healthy scalp, prevents dandruff and sensitive skin.
- Castor oil – promote hair growth. Castor oil has natural antibacterial and antifungal properties and is high in Vitamin E, minerals, proteins, and Omega 6 and 9 beneficial fatty acids. Its unusually high ricinoleic acid ratio makes it beneficial to skin and hair. Castor oil can be used on the scalp to help prevent and remedy hair loss and it is effective at this for several reasons. It’s antibacterial and anti fungal properties make it beneficial against follliculitus, dandruff and scalp infections and its ricinoleic acid content helps increase circulation to the scalp and improve hair growth.Ricinoleic acid is also said to help balance scalp pH which can also help replenish the scalp’s natural oils and undo some of the damage of harsh chemical hair products (and even damage from no-poo, due to over alkalinity). The antioxidants in castor oil also support the keratin in hair and help make hair stronger, smoother and less frizzy.