Reishi is best taken in the morning with an empty stomach. Drinking more water will also help enhance the effects of Reishi by helping the body get rid of poisonous waste.
It is also recommended to take Vitamin C with Reishi as this will assist the body in absorbing the active ingredients in Reishi. Studies have shown that Vitamin C helps break down the complex polysaccarides into smaller manageable pieces that the body can intake.
Reishi is that age old medicine cited thousands of years ago in several texts and scripts as being a tonic for emperors. At one time this mushroom was specifically used under the prestigious vestiges of the ruling class, but it has since made its way into the pantries of us common folk. Traditional and contemporary Chinese medicine admire it as a tonic benefiting vital energy or "Qi", and it is popularly prescribed for a multitude of maladies such as:
• Anti-allergic activity
• Bronchitis-preventative effect, inducing regeneration of bronchial epithelium
• Antibacterial, against Staphylococci, Streptococci, and Bacillus pneumoniae (perhaps due to increased immune system activity)
• Antioxidant, by eliminating hydroxyl free radicals
• Antitumor activity
• Antiviral effect, by inducing interferon production
• Lowers blood pressure
• Enhances bone marrow nucleated cell proliferation
• Cardiotonic action, lowering serum cholesterol levels with no effect on triglycerides, enhancing myocardial metabolism of hypoxic animals, and improving coronary artery hemodynamics
• Central depressant and peripheral anticholinergic actions on the autonomic nervous sytem reduce the effects of caffeine and relax muscles
• Enhanced natural killer cell (NK) activity in vitro in mice
• Expectorant and antitussive properties demonstrated in mice studies
• General immunopotentiation
• Anti-HIV activity in vitro and in vivo
• Improved adrenocortical function
• Increased production of Interleukin-1 by murine peritoneal macrophages in vitro
• Increased production of Interleukin-2 by murine splenocytes in vitro
Reishi was used historically to treat a multitude of ailments and was dubbed as the "panacea tonic" or "cure all". Modern medicine recommends its use as a daily dietary supplement and currently all of the research on this mushroom has indicated that regular consumption of Reishi is safe and effective.
Shipping overcharges are refunded when item ships
We are moving! Some items may take up to 3 weeks to ship. 2 oz toothpowders, deodorants and most soap bars will shipping sooner. Please email before ordering if delivery time is of concern. Thank you for being a patron.
We stand by our products and hope you do too. If skin care blends cause a negative reaction and you can't share it with a friend, please return to us within 3 weeks of purchase for a partial refund. Use the original packaging and wrap to ensure that the product will not break in shipping. Please allow up to 2 weeks for refund once product is received back. Shipping charges are non-refundable. Does not apply to merchandise, books, seeds and special orders. All sales are final on exchanged products. Make sure to include your contact information and if possible, your sales receipt. Return the product to us at: 258 960 Route 6 Mahopac NY 10541